Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another walk to remember . . .

We had a great time ... again! This time we were actually on time (I know, I know hard to believe for our family.)

We first met the other "Mended Little Hearts" at the Survivor tent, where Claira was given a red heart to identify her as a survivor (Mom got one too, because ... well, I was Mom!).

Alot of the kiddos there had repaired hearts, just like Claira. A few still were waiting for more procedures and even additional surgeries, like Ethan who is expected to have his third (and hopefully final) surgery next month.

It was so amazing to feel the support and understanding from so many different people. Many of the people there were simply trying to make a new, healthy start.

We wore our shirts with pride and made signs to let everyone know who we were walking for. I have a challenge for all you friends and family out there ... we want to have a huge group of "little survivor" supporters next year for the 2009 Heart Walk! Oh, don't you worry ... I won't let you forget. It's great exercise too!

2 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Wish I could have been there! Can't wait for my t-shirt to wear with pride!

Jenny said...

I can hardly stand to come to your website because I always get this HUGE lump in my throat...looking at the pictures of your baby survivor and listening to the words of the song, "Ordinary Miracle"... It just brings me right back to that day in the hospital waiting to hear from the surgeon, watching you and Tom, and that moment that we felt mom in the room with us. I'm crying right now. Man, what a little incredible miracle she is. Thanks for sharing and I'm so sorry we couldn't come out and walk...double soccer games that morning and Jerry is a coach so we just couldn't make it, but my heart was there. I can't wait for my shirt! I love you all!!!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Thank you David and Gina Brim for helping to express our gratitude for an amazing show of compassion and generosity.