Thursday, February 8, 2007

What a little trooper

What a little trooper that little bird is. Yesterday she had been in the hospital for 10 days and was up and down (mostly down) due to pneumonia and the RSV. And on top of all that she came down with a secondary pneumonia. All that and still has congestive heart failure. She has been on 3 different antibiotics and hasn't responded to any of them. They started her on one that is a 12 hour dose and we thought she was going to respond to that one. She was a little more alert on it but nothing changed.

Today (day11) they moved her closer to the front desk so they can keep a better eye on her and as they moved her they removed her oxygen and she dropped from about 90 to around 50 in just a few minutes. They bumped her up to 3.5 parts per liter on her oxygen and said that if she had to go up to 4 parts they would have to move her to ICU. We don't want that. So you better start clearing up little girl.

Last night they started her on a steroid during her breathing treatment and tonight they started her on a steriod injection through her I.V and Susan said she started to perk up a little. Still no smiles darn it! Anyway, we're praying this starts something going in her little self. We told her we're getting tired of hospital food and that mommy is getting home sick, but you know how far that goes with little ones.

And just when you thought nothing more could happen to the little bug, Susan told me that her pneumonia has gotten worse and thay are watching her closer and that she may have to go to the ICU. Not a good sign. Anyway, we just keep the faith that she will sit up and say "Darn it, I just want to go home and have Evie pick on me and love on me like a little doll. I sure do miss her." Only she can't sit up yet, ...and , well, she can't talk yet either. Shoot!

Well keep us in your prayers and thoughts and we'll do the same with you. Thank you all for all the love and support you give to us.

5 comments:

Staci said...

My prayers are with you guys. I hope Claira is able to improve and that they will be able to fix her holes soon. Feeding can be such a difficult thing and I'm impressed by your strength and faith. I know it is hard and I don't know if I would have had the strength to put a feeding tube down our little Katya's throat, thank goodness for wonderful doctor's and nurses. I will pray for all of you and for little Claira. She sounds like such an angel.

mindyluwho said...

I love, love, love the cute picture you have of her on the side. Her smile is so vibrant and it saddens me to think that she isn't smiling like that. But she will...we are praying for her every day...and for all of you!

Anonymous said...

we have thought about you guys daily. Just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and am praying that good things are right around the corner.

*Merry Girls* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Merry Girls* said...

You guys are doing an amazing job! Keep on fighting for that little angel. I can't imagine the stress and pressure you are both under but I pray for you constantly. She is just a beautiful baby! God bless you all!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Thank you David and Gina Brim for helping to express our gratitude for an amazing show of compassion and generosity.