Thursday, June 21, 2007

Could I ask for more?

Claira is doing beautifully! She's gaining weight ... quite a bit I might add. Her thighs are so chunky! I laugh when people comment on how little she is ... I have to think to myself "If only you saw her before." We've moved on to table foods. She truly doesn't like the consistency of baby foods. She loves the Gerber "Cheetos". They melt in her mouth and she begs for more! Her speech therapist comforted me today by telling me that I have to remove all normal thinking for now and remember that we're focusing on getting her to eat. The good nutrition habits will have to come later.
She drank from a cup for the first time today ... granted it was white grape juice with quite a bit of cereal added ... but nonetheless it was a cup. And she loved it! She looks great and acts like she feels great. We've had more problems with granulation tissue around her button and the surgeon recently said that some kids just are prone to it. She's had her third dose of silver nitrate. Hopefully this will get rid of it. If this doesn't work, they may have to remove the button and put the gastric tube back in for a time so that it can get more air. That is soooo not fun ... but who are we to complain at this point?!?

2 comments:

*Merry Girls* said...

Yeah, I have been wondering about how things are going. I am glad that she is growing and gaining weight. What a good day when your little one tackles the cup!

Anonymous said...

I WAS WONDERING HOW CLAIRA WAS DOING. I BET SHES FEELING BETTER SHES PROBABLY VERY HAPPY TO SPEND TIME WITH HER WHOLE FAMILY OVER SUMMER VACATION HAVE A GREAT SUMMER EASTMAN FAMILY!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Thank you David and Gina Brim for helping to express our gratitude for an amazing show of compassion and generosity.