Saturday, August 18, 2007

Humble Reminder

This evening our family went to a pool party for T.J.'s jazz band. A good friend of mine, Robin Chase, lived up a few houses from the party and so I walked over to say hello as I hadn't seen her for a few months ... especially since Claira's surgery. She introduced Claira and me to her husband and family. As she introduced Claira she pointed out that she was the baby who been in the hospital several times. I gave an update and a brief description of how she's progressed (I always welcome a chance to brag about her).
Her mother-in-law approached me and, in passing, mentioned "when we were praying for Claira". I had chills. I have never met these people and yet they knew us. They knew Claira ... and prayed for her. I was reminded of how the heavens were opened in behalf of our family by more people than I think we'll ever know.
Thank you ... again ... to all who prayed for our little Claira. Those prayers were answered.

3 comments:

*Merry Girls* said...

Beautiful, reminder!

LoraBelieves said...

Totally can relate. I remember sitting in the temple in St. Louis after my daughters last procedure and remembering that she had been on a prayer roll somewhere her entire life. I was overwhelmed in the moment when I thought of the many, many prayers said in her behalf. I was also most touched by the many strangers who prayed for her, as well as those who continued to pray for her over the course of her first year of life. Life is full of miracles if we open our eyes to see them.
P.S. I can't believe how much she's grown, and yet...I can.

Phae-Jae said...

What an amazing journey you all have been through. Oh, and you have an amazing Claira...even if she likes Uncle Sam more than me;)

I need to get in touch with you. I have a Ducky who has her hopes up to be baptized on the same day as Maddy. :) :)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Thank you David and Gina Brim for helping to express our gratitude for an amazing show of compassion and generosity.