Wednesday, March 21, 2007

She's getting good

Claira pulled her feeding tube out twice today. Both times she would give me a look like she was so proud of herself. I keep telling her that as soon as she starts eating, she can keep it out! For some reason it doesn't make any difference what I tell her! She's getting really good at working the tape off and hooking her finger in and pulling it out. The scary part is that it doesn't always come all the way out. The doctor checked her for signs of aspiration and there were none. We also weighed her today and she's lost 2.5 ounces since last week's weigh-in. It's these little things that constantly remind me why we're going down this road ... why surgery is so important. Otherwise I think that I could honestly talk myself out of it. She had a 2nd RSV vaccination today. I've always hated it when my babies get shots, but this time I was all for it. After seeing how hard RSV was on her, I know a shot is much easier for her to go through.

No comments:

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Thank you David and Gina Brim for helping to express our gratitude for an amazing show of compassion and generosity.