Friday, March 2, 2007

Things are looking up

I think things are getting as close to normal as they can be for now. We're still doing breathing treatments every few hours and suctioning as often as possible to help her eliminate the junk that's in her lungs. It's hard to completely let down our guard with the upcoming surgery hanging over our heads. We have to get her healthy again and keep her that way so we won't have to postpone. I always thought that hearing the doctors admit that her heart was causing the feeding problems would make me feel better, but it really hasn't. I still worry and obsess over everything. The pediatrician says I shouldn't worry about the fact that she won't eat, but I do. My natural instincts as a mother say that I should be feeding her something ... constantly ... even though she's getting continuous feeds through the tube. It simply goes everything I know.
She keeps on smiling, though. With all that she's going through she continues to be curious and demand attention when she thinks she's getting left out of the fun! Babies are amazing creatures!

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I wish I was closer to you so I could give you a big hug. I was right where you are now and it sucks. I promise it gets easier. To me Evan's heart defect was something that I could kind of pretend was not there but his eating issue smacked me in the face every few hours. I look back at where I was then from where I am now and am amazed that I did not turn into a gibbering idiot. Hang in there!

Phae-Jae said...

She is such a pretty girl. She reminds me of Kaylee a little. Miss you guys.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Thank you David and Gina Brim for helping to express our gratitude for an amazing show of compassion and generosity.